Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fly Free No More

I was too busy last evening to even watch the news-very unlike me at that time of the day, but as I bustled around, trying to settle myself so I could relax for at least part of it, my husband sat watching. He called to me when this bit came on;

From CBC NS

An airline that has been shuttling oil-patch workers between Fort McMurray, Alberta, and Sydney is cancelling its weekly flight.

Canadian North is ending the service on Jan. 30.

Why? Because everything has slowed.

Today is the start of our "find a job for Blair," project since the one he was supposed to start earlier this month has been delayed until at least March or April.

We have plans to update his resume and send it around locally and throughout Alberta to see what happens.

Wish us luck. And in the meantime, if anyone is looking for an instrumentation mechanic (third year apprentice I believe) let me know

No comments: